This is what we all looked like at 12 weeks in the womb - legal to kill in all 50 states. How is this not a person? How do they not have the same rights that you and I have? Crazy.
Okay Boys & Girls - Time for some clarification.
I saw that this post is kind of blowing up (at least - it was getting more notes than my normal posts get) so I thought I should say a few things after seeing all your comments etc.
1. YES - This is a sculpted representation of a 12 week old fetus. Not a real one. BUT - it IS approximately the right size (usually 2.5 in.), with accurate representations of developed fingers, toes, facial features and closed eyelids. It wasn’t being said anywhere that this was an actual baby. I said, “This is what we all looked like at 12 weeks in the womb”. It is a representation of something that we can’t easily see. I apologize if it wasn’t stated clearly enough - I thought that it would be obvious since these pictures are pretty common.
2. NO - I have not been “Punked”. I am a medical professional who has been teaching Doctors and Nurses at one of the nations largest Hospitals/Research facilities in the US for 2 years. But thank you for your unfailingly gracious concern people of the internet.
3. YES & NO - “Can they survive outside of the womb? Nope. Are their brains or organs functioning fully yet? Or even fully developed yet? Nope. They don’t have the same rights BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT FULLY DEVELOPED PEOPLE. Real growth and organ development doesn’t start until probably around the middle of the second trimester.” See below.
They ARE at Week 12: Moving on their own (spontaneously) and kicking up a storm, they are approx. 2.5 in. long. The pancreas is functioning and producing insulin, they have developed/separated fingers and toes - along with nails, they suck their thumb and get hiccups, the vocal chords are complete and they even practice crying, the brain is FULLY formed and they feel PAIN. The heart is beating at 160 bpm, there is hair on the head, the kidneys are functioning and producing/secreting urine.
Take a look at this AWESOME video from Baby Center UK!
Even Earlier They: Need oxygen and nutrients (wk 5), Has a heartbeat (wk 6), Have fingerprints (wk 10)!!! Also, at wk 10 it’s about the size of your fist - wk 11, about the size of a grapefruit. Also, they can swallow and stick out their tongue! They also have clearly visible fingers and toes and the genitals have begun to form (wk 11).
4. NO - They don’t have “tails”.
5. YES - This is the approximate size of a 12 week old fetus. It kind of scares me that most people don’t seem to know how the human body develops.
6. NO - It’s not “Emotional Blackmail” - it’s an anatomically correct (although - see my comment below) representation of a 12 week old, developing human fetus.
7. YES - I agree with some of you that the artist who made this made the face a little too full - making it look a little older than it should - but over all, the size and detailing of an unborn baby at this stage is accurate.
8. NO - It’s IN a woman’s body - but it has it’s own DNA sequence, blood type, circulatory system and nervous system. I’m not telling anyone what to do with their body. I do, however, want people to know what is happening with the body of the developing baby.
9. YES - A 12 week old human in the womb is called a Fetus. Actually - they are defined as a fetus at 8 weeks!!
Many of you posted pictures of 12 week old fetus’ saying that they didn’t match. A couple things - Some of the pictures posted were not yet at 12 weeks. Also, the scans and real, accurate pictures are in the womb - so it distorts the view. One Tumblr stated that my picture didn’t match the live pictures because the skin would be much more translucent - which it exactly right and I think what is leading to so much confusion. However, if you compare most of the pictures - you can see that they match up. Ears, distinct toes and fingers, closed eyes, a distinct mouth, nose etc.
I hope that helps - and again, I apologize about not making it clear that this was a sculpture.
- claire-pear reblogged this from idapearl
- lifegetsmessy likes this
- aslightinyoureyes reblogged this from shefoundtrueworth and added:
- laileyheart likes this
- somewherewithinme reblogged this from somewherewithinme
- cruzincarmans reblogged this from thelinenrose
- lovecaptures reblogged this from belllaaaxo-
- someeunholywar likes this
- always-lost-in-translation likes this
- silentrhetoric reblogged this from belllaaaxo-
- silentrhetoric likes this
- chewonthese likes this
- oonly-believe likes this
- oh-the-fuckery reblogged this from asiabasia
- asiabasia reblogged this from itsjust-brittany
- lilydev93 reblogged this from spaceasshole
- rymeedash reblogged this from mangomcpretty
- mangomcpretty reblogged this from itsjust-brittany
- gracieishappie reblogged this from realloveforever
- gracieishappie likes this
- dancingintherain33 likes this
- justfor-now likes this
- thelinenrose reblogged this from believe-y0ucan
- apatheticfantasies reblogged this from imwe-mukana
- adorablymeesa reblogged this from o-dannyboyy
- adorablymeesa likes this
- vamoladokidoki reblogged this from samantha-baker
- you-regonnabetheonethatsavesme likes this
- dontknowtomorrow likes this
- looneymegan reblogged this from littlechristianthings
- effortlessly-hannah reblogged this from never-fr0wn
- effortlessly-hannah likes this
- sondrenchedworld likes this
- h4martia reblogged this from falloirs
- marybellaa likes this
- ithinkchris likes this
- falloirs reblogged this from never-fr0wn
- jsankofa reblogged this from weareallafricans
- never-fr0wn reblogged this from somewherewithinme
- baddestbitchswagg reblogged this from queenkhi
- samantha-baker reblogged this from weareallafricans
- thislife-isyours likes this
- praiseyoujesus likes this
- myfaithinyou reblogged this from catholiclove
- tadmathers97 likes this
- liz1181995 reblogged this from mindoncoffee
- liz1181995 likes this
- mindoncoffee reblogged this from shefoundtrueworth and added:
- lovefaithjesus likes this